This grade is extremely rare with a delicate and refined muscatel character.
Ingredients From: India
Shipping Port(s): Calcutta
Grade(s): STGFOP (Silver tippy flowery Orange Pekoe)
Growing Altitudes: 3500 – 7000 feet above sea level
Manufacture Type(s): Orthodox (Traditional leafy)
Manufacturer: Williamson Magor Limited
Cup Characteristics: This grade is extremely rare with a delicate and refined muscatel character.
Infusion: Bright and light
Luxury Ingredients: Black tea
Every now and then -about once or twice a year Lingia produces some simply outstanding tea; both from leaf appearance and cup qualities. In the case of this particular tea -150 kilos were produced and the sale of this quantity went as follows:
- 50 Kilos purchased by a tea importer in Canada
- 25 Kilos purchased by a major multinational for ‘Directors presents’
- 75 Kilos purchased by the leading specialty tea importer in Japan
This tea was manufactured on June 15th -the peak of the annual second flush period. This tea is RARE and OUTSTANDING.
Lingia is one of the premiere Darjeeling tea estates of India. Some of the reasons for this are as follows:
1. 90% of the bushes which provide the green leaf to the factory are from the China genus, which provides a distinctive character when grown in the Darjeeling area. The balance 10% of the green leaf is the Assam genus which provides tea of a slightly more full bodied character and in the right proportion with China genus tea produces outstanding specialty teas.
2. The altitude of this estate is very high creating conditions for excellent quality.
There are 3 main times of year for producing good quality Darjeelings:
1st flush - Springtime harvested teas from late Feb. to mid April. The young leaves yield a light tea with generally intense muscatel with ‘point’. A gentle afternoon tea.
2nd flush - Harvested in June, these teas are more fully developed. The liquor is bright and the taste full and round excellent muscatel. A superb afternoon tea that is especially good with scones and raspberry conserve.
Autumnal - Not always available depending upon the weather, they are typified by a round taste and coppery liquor. Excellent as a breakfast tea with milk.
- Product Code: A5ES-DJ-574
- Availability: In Stock
$ CAD 21.50